|Tip 1||How to Determine Callsign/Member Number of Secondary Callsign.||1. Click the spot for
the secondary call or enter the callsign in the
2. Then go to the "FOC#" block and click once in the block.
3. Press the "Enter" key and the Member's Callsign will be displayed in the "Call" block.
|Tip 2||Set FAM to only Spot Needed Members.||1. Open
2. Check "New Windle", "WAFOC/Windle Band", and "New Augies" checkboxes.
|Tip 3||Spot All FOC Member Spots.||1. Open "Telnet/Options"
2. Check same boxes as in Tip 2 plus the "FOC Members Worked" checkbox.
|Tip 4||Spot All (includes non-FOC).||1.
Open "Telnet/Options" tab.
2. Check "Show All Spots".
|Tip 5||View G4FOC Bands Worked.||1.
Open "Current Spots" tab.
2. Type "G4FOC" in the Call Block. The Green bands indicate worked bands.
|Tip 6||View All FOC QSOs.||1. Open "QSO DB" tab then Open "List All FOC QSOs".|
|Tip 7||Use the "Pass States" Option for QSO parties.||1.
Open "Alerts" tab.
2. List the two letter designator for each state you want to receive spots for, separate states with a space character.
3. Check the "Only Listed States" checkbox.
|Tip 8||Input data into FAM from an ADIF File.||1.
Go to QSO DB/Add QSOs From ADIF
2. Find Your ADIF File, enter the filename into the "Source Filename" block.
3. Click Add QSOs From Source File.
4. If you are asked to verify or supply data for some calls, mainly portables, do that and continue.
|Tip 9||Populate the Windle database after you process an ADIF File.||1.
Go to System/Database Updates tab.
2. Click to "Load Windle Year Data" button.
3. You are done, check your Windle score on the "Awards/Score Summary" tab.
|Tip 10||Which Spot Sources Should You Use||Testing has found that a setup that has Host1=telnet.reversebeacon.com, Host2=dxfun.com, and Host3=foc.dj1yfk.de. Many users find that ve7cc.com is good. There are many options since there are hundreds of skimmers available.|
|Tip 11||Right Click on Spot Function Options||On
the "Current Spots" tab, just below the list of
spots, is a button that allows the user to select one of
two options for what happens when you
"Right=Click" a spot. Left-Click the button to
change the option.
1. "Right-Click=Log QSO" -- This option when clicked sends the user to the "QSO DB/Enter Single QSO" tab, where it automatically fills in the data defining the spot that was clicked. With this option there is a check-box on the "Telnet/Options" tab that when checked will automatically take the user to the "WindleEdit" tab. So that the Windle database can be updated.
2. "Right-Click=Windles" -- This option when clicked sends the user to the "WindleEdit" tab. The main use for this is to verify which bands have been worked in which months pertinent to the callsign in the spot that was clicked.
|Tip 12||DX Need List||FAM allows the user to define their own CW wantlist. A blank list with just a headeris generated during setup. The ARRL DXCC Countries list abbreviations are used to designate countries that are needed by the user. Countries are entered into the file with a pure text editor, like NotePad (Never use WordPad because it adds control characters that make the system fail). The file is named as "Your callsign_WantList.txt". Enter each country's designator separated with a space. Example if you Need North Korea, Heard Island, and Pratus Island, then the information you would enter on the second line of the file would be -- "P5 VK0H BV9P", without the quotation marks. If any of the three countries indicated were to be spotted, FAM would generate five beeps and display the spot on the main spot list. The wantlist is read in to FAM on startup, so if you modify the list, you would need to exit and re-run FAM to update the internal list. To activate the use of the wantlist, the checkbox named "Pass CW DXCC Want List", found on the "Server" tab, must be checked.|
|Tip 13||Nominations List||FAM can spot those callsigns that are on the current "Nominations for FOC" listing. The latest list can be found at http://bbcyber.com/fam. The list is updated as changes are made, usually on the first of the month. To use this function download the file and copy it to the DataFiles folder, over-writing the existing file, which is generated during setup and does not contain any callsigns. To activate the user of the Nominations List, the checkbox named "Pass FOC Nominations", found on the "Server" tab, must be checked.|
QRZ Callsign Database
FCC Licensing Callsign Lookup
B&B Cyber Software